Monday, February 08, 2010

GUEST: Antonia Tiranth

Sometimes I get really lucky, I get to make some wonderful new friends via the guest spots that are booked here on my blog - other times, the Blessing comes in the shape of introducing you to people who are wonderful friends already, as well as being talented authors. Today, I'd like you meet and enjoy my friend Tir... she's great!


What made you choose the genre you write most in? Is it the romance you read growing up, or has it been a more recent taste?

The genre I've always leaned towards writing is fantasy/paranormal. Its only been recently that romance has taken the foreground in the writing. I mean, there always was an element of romance but now its more the focus. I didn't start reading romance until a couple years ago and I think that's also when I started into the romance writing.

Dragons are one of your favourite things - what do you like most about the mythological creatures? And how do you use it in your own work?

Where to begin! What's not to love about them? The best thing is the element of unknown and variety in their mythos. If I want my dragons to be able to speak verbally, I can do that. If I want them to communicate with their own language, I can do that too and its very easy to accept because of the variety of dragons. I can have them be social or solitary, wingless or winged. Anything goes.

Do you feel merging genres "spoils" either of them, or enriches both for the reader?

Definitely enriches. What's a shining white knight story without a damsel in distress to rescue?

What is your goal, as an author, when writing a book?

I would have to say my goal is to write something that is going to make people say “Wow! What a great story!” I want a reader to get the same enjoyment out of it that I put into making it. I love every character I've ever written about and I want readers to love them too.

What have you learned about yourself through the writing experience? Because we all speak through our words in one way or another, do you find yourself ever exploring your personal responses through your characters, or can you divorce yourself from what you're creating?

I've learned that I can write about more than I ever thought I could, even if I'm blushing furiously as I write it. Every character in my books is a little part of me, sometimes a darker part. Take Josephine from my first book, The Quickening, as an example. She's a spitfire, doesn't take crap from anyone but at the same time is very maternal and nurturing. I've had moments where I have a Josephine attitude but its not my constant personality. Arafin, who shows up in book two, The Gathering, is a complete and total goofball. He can find the humor in any situation. Again, that's the way I am, sometimes so I think every character is an opportunity to explore oneself. And I definitely can't divorce myself from the character. When I'm in his/her head, I'm there. I feel what he/she feels. I've often found myself storming away from the computer, completely ticked because of something that's happened in the story or crying because he/she is sad.

So that said...here's a peek at my two newest works. One from my Tales of the Rikashi Series and the other is the start of my Tarot Kings Series.

Blurb for Tales of the Rikashi Book Three : Black Velvet -

Always in battle, always alone... A prophecy that cannot be denied.

Determined to avoid a forced marriage, Amara hops a plane to find and recruit Jett, the only man her fellow shifters believe can save them.

Jett cares little for Amara's cause, and an ancient prophecy has told him he must always fight alone. But when the plucky lass shows up in his life and refuses to leave, the last thing he expects is the turbulent emotions her presences brings.

When she's not busy hating him, Amara kind of likes Jett, and Jett can't deny that he's falling for her. But when love ignites between them, can they deny their destiny?

Available from Lyrical Press - http://www.lyricalpress.com/black_velvet

Blurb for Tarot Kings Book One – King of Swords : A Dom for Christmas -

Lilyrose Munroe has always felt something was missing from her life and on Christmas, she finds that her old teenage crush, Sebastian Alexander, a Dominate is just the one to give it to her.

Available from Red Rose Publishing - http://redrosepublishing.com/bookstore/product_info.php?anufacturers_id=248&products_id=628

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful interview!! I can't blame you for loving those giant beasties!

    Funny how our characters often reflect some part of us, huh? Standing in your characters shoes is what makes them come to life and gives them such qualities we can identify with. :)

    Hugs!
    C~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.