Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hope


Love is the beauty and grace of a gentle heart.
The gift of kindness and generosity in a forgiving spirit.

For those who are touched by such real and honest faith,
they know the blessing of a Divine smile.

To hold the gift of a loving and empathic heart,
to know it comes to you only to give itself
can there be a more honest truth?
An offering of any greater worth?

In the eyes of a stranger life can change
with the whisper of a smile,
or the bright joy of shared laughter.

To see you like this,
to watch the warmth of recognition grow
into welcome pleasure as we truly see each other…
to hear the subtle infusion of awakening passion
in the shifting notes of your voice…
and to shiver in the face of my dreams living before me,
touching my skin and teaching me the truth of my existence…

These are the things that remind us what we are meant to be…
of the purpose in our search…
to find the embodiment of our deepest hope…

5 comments:

  1. I don't think my brain works in poetry mode! LOL. This is pretty, though. Have a great Sunday, Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gave me goosebumps!
    This is a very honest expression of love and the hope of finding that love reflected in another's soul.
    Gorgeous!

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Denyse! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    I hope you continue to feel better.

    Big hugs,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.