Sunday, June 15, 2008

Guest Blogger: Annette Snyder

Joining us once again, it is my pleasure to welcome the talented and generous Annette Snyder. Thanks so much for being my guest again, Annette.

Thanks Denyse, for letting me blog today. It’s a pleasure to be among some of the best writers and readers around.

Since warm weather finally made it to the Midwest, I’ve been doing the regular outside stuff; planting the garden, cleaning the gutters and writing on the new laptop my kids bought me for Mother’s Day. I found that I love writing outside and with the portability of my laptop, I enjoy it even more.

I’m working on a title I’ve named Eureka Springs. The subject is Ruth Seidle, a mid-twenties woman who was in love with a married man. An accident changes her life and she’s forced to start over in another town where she meets a man. John Vickers was married. His wife had an affair. An accident changed his life and he was forced to start over in another town where he meets a woman. Since I write without an outline, even I’m not sure how this book gets to the end but my readers know I love happily ever after. Ruth’s story is an extension of a book that got snagged up by my publisher titled Viveka’s War, releasing soon. Both are set in the Pre- and Post-WW2 era.

Also releasing soon is Intimate Flames, my first contemporary. I wrote Intimate Flames years ago and only lately made time to bring it in line with all the new things I’ve learned since I’ve been published. Personally, I’m in love with the sullen hero, Andrew ‘Amen’ Packard. He has six brothers and sisters and, as I wrote this story, I got scores of new idea lines based on the Packard family.

You can find the information for my newest releases and the essays I write at my website http://annettesnyder.atspace.com/ or at the publisher’s site http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/

Also on my website are blurbs, reviews and links for all my novels along with anything else you’re curious about including a button to contact me. And feel free. I always answer all my emails--make sure to fill in the subject line.

I love free stuff so, as a thank-you to Denyse for letting me blog, here’s a chance for participants to win a pampering summer prize of one of my releases of your choice and a bottle of Juniper shower gel. Just comment here about which novel you’d like to read from my published list on my website http://annettesnyder.atspace.com/ Denyse will draw a name from the Blog comments and let me know. I’ll contact the winner for mailing info. Just a note, if you choose Whiskey Shots Volume 1, it’ll be a download copy as that’s an e-book from the new line of short stories at Whiskey Creek Press. My two short stories were selected to premier the Whiskey Shots line of novels.

Good luck and read, read, always read!
Annette

22 comments:

  1. Thanks Denyse for having me. Father's Day started out wet here in Nebraska but it looks like the weather is going to perk up. The sun is shining.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow links to learn about new authors and found your blog announcement on SweeterRomanticNotions.

    I think Travis Pass sounds intriguing, and if your grandmother couldn't put it down, then it's got my attention too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Annette--I'd love to read Albert's Rain--although all your books sound promising :-)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading the comments. I think I would like to read Rock Creek. I've added a couple of the other books to my TBR list.
    JOYE
    JWIsley@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your interesting post. Your books look fascinating and intriguing. Love the history and era that yo have explored. Sally Murphy sounds appealing.
    Best of success on your new book which sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading the excerpts of your books. Rock Creek sounds like it would keep you on the edge of your seat the whole read. I really like your covers also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the lovely post today. Your Historical and interesting stories with memorable characters certainly are great. Liberty Road looks like it has everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this new author post which I enjoyed. Rock Creek sounds like something which I could enjoy greatly and never forget. All of your novels are special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post Annette. Just checked out your website and you have some great books. I would love to read Travis Pass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to read Sally Murphy. They all sound like good reads. (That was my favorite cover though!) Thanks for having the contest!

    Kissa Starling
    kissa_starling@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great books. I think I like Rock Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey d!

    how about bite me for blog name?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to read any of your books Annette. They are all so good and you look so sweet!! I really liked Sally Murphy or Albert's Rain. They all looked good I had to choose 1!! LOL I can't count!Hope to be a winner!
    Thanks!

    Lela Fox

    bubbysgammaw@peoplepc.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Denyse and Annette! All of your titles sounds really good, but I think I'd start with Travis Pass--I agree with Faith, if your grandmother gave it the two thumbs up, there's no better recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Annette,
    Thanks for the blog. I was able to click your links to find out more about you and Whiskey Creek Publishing. I like westerns. Sally Murphy sounds very interesting. There are others on your list as well that have made my wish list.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  16. Having a little Czechoslovakian in me, I'd love to read more about Travis. That sounds like a story that touches the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Annette and Denyse.!!!!

    Since I already have Travis Pass and enjoyed it very much as will anyone that would choose it as their prize, I would like to read Rock Creek or maybe Liberty Road.

    Either one sounds like I would really enjoy the story.

    If any of your other books are as good - (as I am sure they are) no one will be disappointed to read them.!!

    Have a great evening and thanks for the opportunity to win one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of your books look wonderful. I would love to read Sally Murphy. The blurb sucked me in right away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed learning about your new release as well as your wonderful novels that sound so intriguing and unique. Thanks for this opportunity. Sally Murphy sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your post has been interesting and informative. Such a great selection of novels that sound great. Congratulations on the new release. Albert's Rain is a book that I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to read Sally Murphy. The strength that she shows in overcoming the obstacles that life threw her and how she finds love again with the sheriff gives one hope that all is not lost. Your books tell beautiful life stories that can help one when their life is troubled and the historical settings sound exactly like life was at that time. Kudos on brilliant writings.

    1:37 AM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.