Wednesday, January 11, 2012

LOST TO THE NIGHT: Meet NIKKI NOFFSINGER

Today we continue our week-long celebration of the authors featured in XOXO Publishing's recently released paranormal collection LOST TO THE NIGHT. We're chatting with the talented Nikki Noffsinger, who is relatively new but will soon a fan favourite, I'm sure! So, let's settle in and chat with Nikki!


How long have you been writing?

Since I was a little kid-about second grade was the first time I had written something that the teacher read to the class. We had to write a story about what Christmas meant to us, and my teacher sent home a letter to my grandma telling her I had enough talent that I made her teary.

How long have you been a published author?

That is kind of sketchy-I signed my first book away to a vanity press and that was 2 years ago, but legitimately published I would say recently with XOXO Publishing.

What titles do you have available?

Renegade Night and Lost To The Night Vol.I Collection featuring Denysé Bridger, Kayden Mcleod, Brigit Aine, and Sara Gonzalas. I also will have Cursed Awakening coming soon.

Is dark fantasy/paranormal your favourite genre? If so, what makes it so appealing to you?

It's one of my favorite genres. I grew up in the 80s so it was in the midst of Stephen King, Robin Cook, Clive Barker, and all those great 80's horror movies. I've always had a love of all things Vampire since they were my favorite horror movie monsters. Shows like Forever Knight gave vampires an even more drool worthy appeal and how mainstream they could become versus the whole Dracula scenario in a castle. In the 90s I discovered Anne Rice and I was an instant fan even though she'd been around for quite some time. My first romance love was with historical romances. Authors like Cassie Edwards, Connie Mason, Georgina Gentry, Julie Garwood, and Johanna Lindsay were all authors that I adored and still do. The first romance novel I ever bought was Cheyenne Splendor by Georgina Gentry followed by Savage Heat by Cassie Edwards. I guess what makes paranormal romance so appealing is because usually the plot lines are better than what's on TV and at the movies and it blends my favorite horror with romance and fantasy.

Do you have any new titles coming soon?

Cursed Awakening via XOXO Publishing

What is your favourite genre to read and why?

I don't know if I have a "favorite" because so many things turn me on. I mean I love and adore paranormal romance, but I still love historical romance. I read everything just about it right down to Manga and graphic novels. I love classic literature and one of my favorite writers was John Steinbeck-a love me and my grandfather both shared.

What, to you, is the most exciting part of the writing process?

The creating process-I compare it to when a painter gets what he or she sees in their minds eye to paint and then attacks the blank canvas and then when it's over there's a masterpiece that evokes feeling, emotion, and can transport one to what it is their looking at-or in my case reading.

If you could co-author a book with anyone, who would you choose and why?

Oh wow...that's a tough because there are so many I would want to co-author a book with. Well since we're in the realm of the living, I would have to say I would love to co-author a book with Lynsay Sands or Kerrilyn Sparks. I mean I have so many favorites, but those two are on my top 5 list of favorite authors for this genre and Lynsay Sands has great historical romances as well.

Where can readers find you on the web?

Well I can be found at: http://nikkitrueblue.blogspot.com , Facebook under Nikki Noffsinger, http://guardiansofnightbynikkinoffsinger.webs.com/, Twitter under Nikki Noffsinger, and http://nikkitrueblue.livejournal.com/


Excerpt:

Ariel waved to Mya and Jude as they pulled out of the small parking area of her apartment complex. Grady had put his foot down about her staying in a dorm but she had put her foot down in letting him choose an off campus apartment. She liked the old four story brownstone. Plus, seeing as Grady thought it a dump, meant his visits would be few and far between. She got an eerie feeling as if someone in the shadows was watching her. She looked around and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary regardless she hurried up the stairs and unlocked her door. She had barely gotten in the door when there was a knock. She grinned, of course Mya must have forgotten something. Ariel opened the door and there was Dante. His very presence took up the entire space of the door way. His smile reminded her of a predator that had ensnared his prey. She dropped her purse and stood as still as a statue.

“May I come in Ariel?” he asked showing a hint of his perfectly white teeth.

Ariel’s brain screamed “NO” but slowly she moved and nodded. He stayed at the open door though.

“Ariel, I want to hear you say the words. ” he said in a deep dark voice that made her instantly wet.

“C-Come in Mr. Notte. ” she stammered.

Dante swept in the house and closed the door, “I think we’re past the student-teacher bit by now, don’t you think?”

He didn’t give her a chance to reply, he wrapped an arm around her and claimed her lips. Ariel was forever lost. She backed up against the small love seat as she pushed his jacket from his shoulders. It fell with a thud. Ariel felt his fingers at the hem of her shirt and he pulled away from her lips only for a moment to make sure it was alright. Seeing the hunger in her eyes was all he needed before he made quick work of ridding her of her shirt. She was wearing a lacy strapless bra that thankfully had a front enclosure. Her breaths were coming in pants as he unsnapped the dainty bit of lingerie and began caressing her breasts causing her nipples to harden into tiny buds. Ariel let out a gasp and then a moan as he replaced his hands with his hot wet mouth and suckled on her nipple. She lifted and brushed her leg against his and if he hadn’t had an arm around her back, she would have fell.

Dante continued to lavish her breasts with his hands and mouth. Ariel managed to pull at his shirt, to which he momentarily removed his hands from her breasts to rip his shirt off. Ariel arched into him, feeling his massive erection through his tight black jeans. She was wet, and needy. Ariel threaded her fingers through his silky hair, removing the band that held his hair, freeing it. Next she moved to his shoulders and back. Dante raised his head slightly and rasped against her skin, “Where’s your bedroom?”

Ariel weakly pointed towards the doorway that led to her small room. Dante had her off the floor and in his arms and on the bed within seconds. Ariel was lying on the bed as he stood over her. He stood before her, his body muscular but lean and chiseled right down to his abs and the faint dark line of hair from his navel. He unbuckled his belt and undone the button on his jeans and shoved them down and then off. Next, he flashed her a wicked and seductive smile with those hooded eyes as he crawled on the bed. He had her skirt and underwear off before she could blink. Dante wanted to take his time to savor her, to taste every inch of her sweet creamy flesh. Then just as he took her ankle in hand and began kissing and nibbling up her leg, Ariel’s conscience began to dawn on her.

“Mr. , I mean Dante, this-this isn’t right. W-We shouldn’t be doing this!” she said in a near pant as his lips touched the inside of her knee.

Dante lifted his eyes towards hers. “What isn’t right?”

Ariel sat up on her arms trying to struggle from the sea of hormonal lust that had taken her in the undertow of his seduction.

“You’re a teacher, this could cost you your job. Teachers aren’t supposed to mess with students. ” she tried to sound as if she were protesting but it came out more of a whisper.

He grinned, “I am a man, and you are a grown woman. I desire you, and I know you desire me. Would you feel more comfortable if I called the Dean or the Trustees to gain their permission?”

Ariel tried to wiggle her leg from his grasp but it was no use. He had her leg.

“Do you realize you could lose your job not to mention my reputation. ” now she protested. She didn’t want the reputation of sleeping around with teachers.

Dante continued kissing up past her knee to her thigh. He heard the sharp intake of breath, and could smell the sweet smell of her weeping pussy that was crying out for release.

“Dante!” she cried.

Dante raised his head and sighed but didn’t move from his position.

“I could care less about the job, I can get another if it suits me. As far as your reputation, I assure you that its safe with me. No one has to know what we do here, and if they did, I couldn’t care less what they think. I meant what I said when I told you I desired you. When I see something that is mine, I don’t play games-I go after what I want.”


LOST TO THE NIGHT: Volume One
A collection of five short novellas that celebrate the magic that is the night!

There are more mysteries walking beside us in this world than we will ever suspect or know. For some, the greatest fears are also the sweetest thrills. Death walks among us, the unknown feeds our imaginations and fuels our dreams and our nightmares. In this collection of stories from a group of exceptional and talented authors, we'll look into the shadows, and shiver with fright and passion, until we are Lost To The Night… and all its magic…

AVAILABLE NOW FROM:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.