Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ria Candro: Writing the Sci-Fi Ménage

Writing the Sci-Fi Ménage:

When I first sat down to write what would eventually become Mated, I didn’t know what genre I would be writing in. All I knew was I wanted to write a ménage where the heroes were not only okay with, but actually expected that they would share the love of one woman. So what to do? Well create a race of hunky aliens, of course!

My heroes come from the planet Spygia, where native females have become extinct. Since the men of this planet gain strength from the act of mating, they are desperate to find a mate. And more than willing to share!

Enter my heroine, Natalie. She’s a human who is fed up with her place in the world: no family, a dead-end job, no respect. But she never expected she’d be propositioned by three yummy aliens who look like cover models and practically ooze sex appeal. Things get interesting when they tell her they want to claim her for their own. Because Spygians mate for life, and loving them means leaving Earth. Is she willing to take a chance on a love that’s out of this world?

Now I have a question for you. Do you read Science Fiction? What do you think of the meld of Sci-Fi and erotic romance (specifically ménage)? What would you do if you were propositioned by three hunky aliens who vowed to spend their whole life worshipping you?

Mated is now available from Ellora’s Cave


Ria Candro is the author of futuristic and paranormal erotic romance. When not dreaming up hot love stories, she enjoys spending time with her family in their home state of Florida.


You can learn more about Ria and her novels at her blog: http://www.riacandro.wordpress.com/



Short Blurb:


When Natalie awakens on a spaceship manned by three gorgeous and adoring hunks, she’s convinced she’s dreaming. It’s up to Andros, Leikos and Zafron to prove to her she’s not. And that she’s the perfect mate for all three of them.


Spygian alpha males travel far and wide in search of their perfect partner. And then share their mate in the most delicious, pleasurable ways they can imagine. But for Natalie, loving these red-hot aliens means leaving Earth. Is she willing to take a chance on a love that’s out of this world?


Excerpt:


The front panel of the ship’s control room slid open, exposing a view of space through the clear, impenetrable shield.

"We are approaching Earth now," said Leikos, Andros’ second-in-command. Silence filled the control room as Andros and his men stared at the round globe. Bright blue oceans eclipsed the images of land with a certain beauty that made him think of home.

"It looks somewhat like Spygia," said Zafron, the third and final member of Andros’ pod.

Andros grunted in assent. The planet did resemble their own, although their oceans were more of an orange hue. But still, it wasn’t the planet itself that had drawn them to this part of the galaxy, so far from their very own. No, they had been drawn to what was on this planet. Or rather, to who.

Our mate resides somewhere on Earth.

His Spygian homing instinct had led him here, to this alien planet, so that he could discover the one woman who was meant to be theirs. Now he had but to find her and get her back to this ship. Not an easy task. But compared to what they had gone through to get here, compared to the many weeks of travel, it was no great hardship.


Now that they had found the planet, they must search for their woman. And pray she would consent.


My blog: http://www.riacandro.wordpress.com/ Purchase link: http://www.jasminejade.com/p-8928-mated.aspx


10 comments:

  1. What would I do if propositioned by three hunky aliens? It would be waaay tempting! I guess it would depend on if they had some other qualities that I admire like honor, creativity, humor, intelligence...maybe then I'd say yes. OH! And there'd HAVE to be books available on their home planet! LOL!

    ~Roni Lynne
    YA Adventures in the Paranormal...and Beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the release!!! :)

    I couldn't leave earth, the aliens would nee to stay here! LOL

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni - So funny you say that because I include a little bit about Spygian books in my story. Yeah, books are a must for me too. :-)

    Julia - Thanks so much for stopping by!

    Lisa - Thanks! Yeah, leaving Earth would be tough. I wonder if they have chocolate on their planet, lol?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sci-Fi and Ménage so your book appeals to me very much as it blends them both :D

    As for getting propositioned by three hunky aliens - well, if I was 30 years younger and without any family, I would jump at the chance (especially if I could come back for the foods I love once in a while) :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sci fi stories with new worlds and conflicts. Add a little spice and I'm in heaven. Best of luck with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ilona - Thanks, and yeah, I hear you. Maybe the three hunky aliens are best left in the imagination. :-)

    Nina - It was tons of fun creating a whole new world and a race of people to go along with it. And the spice wasn't bad either, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading SF erotica! It's one of my fave genres but is kind of hard to find so I can't wait to read Mated :-) And I'd leave Earth in a heartbeat if I had 3 hunky aliens to mate with ;-)

    smaccall @ comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three Hunkey Aliens? Just call me the welcoming committee and your personal pleasure guide...oh I mean tour guide..This book sounds great! I can't wait to read it. I just love a good erotic sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't read a lot of sci-fi but I like the thought of blending it with erotica. As for three hunky men vowing to worship me all my life, bring them on.

    smg5775@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.