Saturday, July 10, 2010

HOUR OF THE WOLF - a review

HOUR OF THE WOLF
by CJ Elliott
ISBN: 978-1-60088-543-3
Publisher: Cobblestone Press

Today I have done something I rarely do – I’ve read an eBook, and now you’re going to hear about it! For the first time, I’ve been so drawn to a concept that I have *gasp* BOUGHT a book online. Of course, being the dinosaur that I am, I promptly printed it to read…. LOL

Anyway, having just indulged in the world created by C.J. Elliott – I wanted to share some impressions of the book, which is the first of a set called “The Four Brothers Clan Series” – and oh my what brothers!!

So, in Hour of the Wolf you will meet Matéo – and the beautiful Reese Emerson. Reese is a unique character, and a perfect match for the loup garou hero of this tale. She hears whispers, other people’s thoughts constantly disrupt her life. In an effort to escape and find some peaceful rest, Reese flees to her sanctuary in the mountains. What she finds is not solitude and peace, but a passion that will change her life forever.

Matéo is hunting a predator who owes a blood debt that Matéo intends to collect. When his prey sets sights on Reese, he is forced to reveal his true nature.

Cindy Jacks has a beautiful, fluid writing style that takes her readers in and keeps them enchanted with her descriptive words and strong imagery. The passion is seductive and sensual, the story exciting and vibrant with life and tension. I wanted Hour of the Wolf to go on because I wanted to know more and stay in Cindy’s world. I can’t wait to read the next chapter of this exciting and engaging series…

If I was a reviewer, I’d give this five kisses, five stars, whatever you want to use as a label. Instead, I will give CJ Elliott five HUGS and ask her to get the next chapter out as quickly as possible, because I love what she’s doing and can’t wait to meet the next of her sexy brothers and see what he’s all about!!

You can get a copy of Hour of the Wolf from Cobblestone Press, LLC – and believe me, you will love it!!


Visit the author at her website
http://www.cindyjacks.com/

4 comments:

  1. Ok, Tina - I get the message... are you telling me Matéo is yours??? LOL Don't hit!! Ok, Matéo is yours... I want Rémy anyway... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a review like this I'm got to read this book. I'm off to look for it online. My fav books always deal with wolf shifters - plus the ones I write. Thanks for giving me the heads up on this one, Denyse.

    Missy Martine
    missymartine@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Denyse, I'm in tears! Honestly, thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so now I have to read this book. Great review.

    LaVerne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.