Tuesday, March 16, 2010

GUEST: Lisa Vance

I've just been over to visit my guest's wesbite, Having a Great Time, Wish I was here! and it's a lot of fun. Enjoy it. Meet Lisa Vance....

How long have you been writing?

Actually, I’ve been writing since I was a little girl. My mother was a writer, and I watched her tear open replies from publishers, always hoping to get a contract. Sadly, she never did. But her enthusiasm, faith and determination were contagious.

How long have you been a published author?

‘Passing Whispers’ is my first novel. It’s a paranormal romance.

What titles do you have available?

My novel won’t be available until the fall of this year.

Do you have any new titles coming soon?

I’m almost finished the first of a series involving a Nursing Supervisor who begins to wonder if one of the patients brought into the Emergency Room was actually murdered. Undaunted by the disinterest of the local police and county coroner, she begins an investigation on her own. Although she loses her job and is almost killed in the process, it opens new doors for her, both personally and professionally.

What is your favourite genre and why?

I really enjoyed writing my paranormal romance, but ever since my divorce ten years ago, my heart is in murder. LOL. What does that say about me? Just whispers the words “blood splatter analysis” and you’ve got MY attention!

What, to you, is the most exciting part of the writing process?

I am so psyched when I get a new idea and actually start the story. It’s like a new romance. The beginning is always the best part!

If you could co-author a book with anyone, who would you choose and why?

There are so many talented authors out there! If I had to choose just one, I’d have to say Sara Taney Humphreys. Her first book, ‘The Amoveo Legacy’ inspired me. She is a friend of mine on Face Book and has offered lots of advice and encouragement to me. Her writing style is refreshing. Her characters come to life on every page.

Where can readers find you on the web?

My Blogs: The… Occupant - http://theoccupant.blogspot.com/
http://tbrnetwork.ning.com/profile/LisaVance
My Web Page:
Having A Great Time… Wish I Was Here! http://havingagreattime.net/
http://www.authorsden.com/lisaavance

Thanks for having me, Denyse! I can’t wait for you to be a guest on my Blog!

Thanks so much for being my guest. And MUCH success with your book!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, you mention that this is your first novel. How did you find the time to accomplish this? When and where did you write it? Did you set a daily writing goal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bernadette. It's hard finding time to write between working a full time job and spending time with my family. It helps being single and having absolutely nothing to do on the weekend! LOL. It took a year to write, then I played with it for two more years, learning all the way. I write wherever I am, as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice interview and a great book! Can't wait for the book's official release, and I hope there is a party involved! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bon... no matter what happens... there will ALWAYS be a party with chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa--Loved the interview and thanks for the shout out. I look forward to your new release!
    Best,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sara! I'm SO looking forward to your second book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you tell us a little more about the novel itself? I assume it can be tricky blending genres especially with a first book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a great writer. Cannotwit until the books releae.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Kay. Hi Eleanor. When Kate Sorra's husband is killed during a hold-up, her world falls apart. She seems unable to get past her anger and resentment. One year later, Endel finds a way to come back to her. He helps her to realize that she is not the only one in pain. A store clerk was also shot, and he will spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair. The teenage shooter, overcome with guilt, commits suicide. His pregnant girlfriend later dies of a drug over-dose, and their baby is left to be raised by the boy's foul, alcoholic mother. Endel's parents lost their only child and now have no hope of becoming grand-parents. It's a painful lesson, but one Kate must learn.

    Along the way she discovers the loving relationship she never knew her parents shared. Although it's breaking his heart, Endel encourages Kate to find a new love.
    Brian Morris, a social worker at the Woman's Shelter where Kate works,has always been in love with her. His parents are wealthy socialites who have many secrets, one of which is the fact that Brian is really not their son.

    'Passing Whispers' is a mixture of love, grief, hope, humor and scandal. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.