Saturday, January 10, 2015

Introducing Night's Companion author @CA_Knoble #RomFantasy

Author BIO: Although she has been writing her entire life, Cynthia has just recently, as she puts it "grew a pair" and decided to take the leap and finally share her work with others. She has several other titles, in varying genres, that will be published in the future. A graduate of culinary school, she is also the mother of two boys. She lives in southern Ontario, Canada with her sons, a dog and a cat.

Our Interview:

Has writing been something you always did, or was it a discovered talent that came to you at a later point?

I have always written, ever since I was a child. It has always been cathartic and relaxing and the only thing I longed to do and to share with others but I never believed my writing was good enough. My writing has always taken a back seat to work, then having a family and starting a career and was something that I rarely indulged in over my adult life. Three years ago I became too ill to work in my chosen profession, I’m a trained chef, and began to write again. I finally worked up the courage to show some of it to friends and family members and they have encouraged me to publish it. 

Do you remember how it felt when you were offered that first contract? What emotions stand out in your memory?

I’m self-published on Amazon through their Kindle Direct Publishing. It is still my ambition to be published traditionally. It had always been my dream to walk into a bookstore and see a display of books with my name on them. Insofar as the self-publishing goes, I was extremely proud of myself for taking the chance and getting the book out there. Until recently I’ve never had the nerve to even show my writing to anyone so I am proud of how much I have accomplished in that time.

Is this a first book, part of a series, or the latest in a long line of many?

This book is not part of a series although I have developed quite an affinity for one of its characters, Kord. As he is a vampire, so much could be done with his character, especially his past, and that is something that was only briefly touched on in Night’s Companion as the novel really is the female protagonist’s story. I have thought about writing more about Kord and I have been asked to. I may do so in the future but for now the story is finished.

What is the oddest thing that’s happened to you since you chose to become a professional writer? Will it ever make it into a book, or is that a secret?

Ooooh! Am I a professional? Lol. I suppose time will tell.

Do you have your next book underway, or other titles in the planning stages?

I do have another book I’m currently writing, several in the planning stages, one awaiting revisions, a few finished ones from the past that I am debating the merits of, and a trilogy that is completely finished but I’m holding onto right now to see if I can get it published traditionally.

Do you have a favourite genre and why? Is it one you write in, read in, or both?

I love horror, I always have, and I read more horror than anything else although my tastes span many genres. The trilogy I mentioned is a horror whereas Night’s Companion is definitely erotica with a hint of horror. I love to write erotica and have at least a few more erotic titles up my sleeve.

What, to you, is the most exciting part of the writing process? Does it change from book to book or remain the same?

To me the most exciting part of the writing process is to see it come together, to see the idea take shape and fill in and, in some cases, completely change from what I originally planned. Sometimes I’m very surprised with the end product as it may not resemble the initial idea I had at all. Sometimes I only have a vague idea of where I’m headed with a story and I’m along for the ride to find out what is going to happen just as the reader will be when she reads it. The process does seem to change from book to book. The trilogy was an amazing experience: three full novels that seemed to just flow out of me, written in only eleven months. It almost seemed as if I channeled them, they came out so fully developed. With others it was a definite struggle to finish them. To me writing is a process that is quite fluid and very changeable.

If you could co-author a book with anyone, who would you choose and why? What kind of book do you think would come from the collaboration?

What a great question although it is a hard one to answer! I would choose Stephen White and I think we would create a very sexy thriller.

Where can readers find you on the web?

Blog  |  Amazon  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Email

WARNING: THIS BOOK IS INTENDED FOR ADULTS ONLY. IT CONTAINS GRAPHIC PORTRAYALS OF SEXUAL ACTS INCLUDING THOSE THAT MAY PROVE OFFENSIVE TO SENSITIVE READERS, INCLUDING ACTS OF DOMINANCE AND BONDAGE. 

Blurb:

Kord is sexy, controlling and just too hot for Michelle to resist beginning a torrid sexual tryst with him, even if he is her new boarder. Mysterious, charming and more than capable of fulfilling every fantasy Michelle has ever had, she finds it easy to ignore the questions others raise about Kord’s odd behavior. When both of their violent pasts collide in their conjoined present, Michelle’s very life will hang in the balance as Kord struggles with a horrid choice: save Michelle or protect his true identity; lose his human lover or expose his true nature. 

Excerpt:

He trailed his hand down her bare arm, raising gooseflesh on her as he did. His touch was gentle in spite of his rough hands, soothing even. He continued to stare into her eyes intently.

“You have beautiful eyes,” he said softly, “they are almost cobalt. It’s quite a fetching colour, really.”

Michelle found his diction strange once more, it sounded very old-fashioned, but she did not comment on it. She was too focused on the feeling of lust that he stirred in her. She was getting wet and she shifted uncomfortably. Kord raised an eyebrow momentarily and then leaned forward to take her wineglass from her hands and place it on the coffee table beside his abandoned glass. He then took both her hands in his and once more stared into her eyes. Again she was struck by how cold his hands were but they seemed to warm as they enveloped hers.

“I find you very attractive, Michelle. I would love to kiss you now, but I fear straining our relationship as landlady and tenant.”

Michelle smiled lewdly at him, her heart hammering.

“I’m not looking for a relationship,” she informed him.

He smiled at this, a real smile, and Michelle noticed his upper canines were extremely long. Now she understood his unwillingness to smile; his teeth were odd, almost like fangs. He closed his lips immediately as he realized she had seen his teeth and then squeezed her hands gently.

“Neither am I. I would, however, love to explore every inch of your body.”

Michelle could not ignore the throbbing between her legs. Kord was hot and she would not pass up the opportunity to sleep with him. She gave him her best coy look and he gently pulled one of her hands toward him and then placed it in his lap. She could feel his hardness, through his jeans and under her hand.

“That’s what you’ve already done to me,” he informed her.

Buy it on Amazon


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this! I truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.