Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Ghost with @DaniLynAlexande #RomFantasy

Ghost by Dani-Lyn Alexander

After a head injury, Jess begins to see things she can’t explain. She starts to wonder if she’s hallucinating, losing her mind completely...or if something far worse might be happening.


Bio:

Dani-Lyn Alexander lives on Long Island with her husband, three kids and three dogs. She loves spending time with her family, at the beach, the playground, or just about anywhere. In her spare time, which is rare, she enjoys reading and shopping—especially in book stores. Some of her favorite things include; Bernese Mountain Dogs, musicals, bubble baths and soft blankets. She’s an incurable insomniac and has an addiction to chocolate.

INTERVIEW:

Has writing been something you always did, or was it a discovered talent that came to you at a later point?

When I was a kid, I love to write. I wrote short stories and poetry. As I got older, I stopped writing to pursue a career and have a family. When my youngest son was born three years ago, and didn’t sleep through the night, I picked up a pen and paper and started my first novel.

Do you remember how it felt when you were offered that first contract? What emotions stand out in your memory?

Disbelief. I remember feeling sort of numb, like it couldn’t really be happening, but I was thrilled beyond belief at the same time.

Is this a first book, part of a series, or the latest in a long line of many?

Ghost is a short story that was originally written as part of an anthology.

What is the oddest thing that’s happened to you since you chose to become a professional writer? Will it ever make it into a book, or is that a secret?

It’s definitely a secret. LOL!

Do you have your next book underway, or other titles in the planning stages?

I am currently writing book two of a YA fantasy series that’s contracted with Lyrical Press/ Kensington Publishing.

Do you have a favourite genre and why? Is it one you write in, read in, or both?

I usually like stories with a lot of excitement. Some of my favorites to read and write are romantic suspense, paranormal, and fantasy.

What, to you, is the most exciting part of the writing process? Does it change from book to book or remain the same?

I love going through my completed story for a first round of edits. The plot and characters are all there, but I need to go through and flesh them out. For me the story really comes alive at that point.

If you could co-author a book with anyone, who would you choose and why? What kind of book do you think would come from the collaboration?

I think I’d choose my best friend, Renee. Her love of romance and my love of suspense would be a great match. I think we’d have a romantic suspense you couldn’t put down.

Thanks so much for being my guest today, Dani-Lyn. Readers, if you'd like to follow Dani-Lyn, check out her sites here:

Website  |  Facebook  | |Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.