Friday, April 13, 2012

GUEST: Kenny Scudero

Author Bio:

Comfortably Awkward is Kenny Scudero's debut self-published novel. He is a twenty-two year old author from New York City who looks forward to a bright future in writing. Kenny recently graduated from St. John's University where he majored in Sport Management. At St. John's, Kenny was Sports Editor for the University newspaper. After graduating from St. John’s, Kenny had trouble finding a job and wrote “Comfortably Awkward” based off that frustration. He is currently working on his second novel.

You can visit Kenny’s website at www.kennyscudero.com for more information.


About the Book:

For Albert Ferenzo, life is a series of ironic events that may or may not have a reason behind them. While struggling to find a niche for himself, Albert blames the corporate world for hindering his dream of making money and living a prosperous life. After playing the good guy his entire life, Albert decides that the only way to get ahead in the world is to be the bad guy. Albert questions his own fate as he drives himself to insanity in an effort to find happiness. The destinies of Albert and everyone around him intertwine as he finally realizes what life is all about or at least, he thinks he does in this revolt against normality.

Interview :

  1. How long have you been writing?

I’ve been writing ever since I can remember. My earliest memory of writing a story was in the third grade. We were assigned to write a page of anything we wanted. It could have been a story or a list of things we liked at the time. I wound up writing a three page story about a boy who finds an emerald. He then wakes up and realizes he was dreaming and finds that the emerald is in his pocket. I never looked back after the emerald story.

  1. How long have you been a published author?

Only a few months. I self-published my first book and it became available on January 9th, 2012.

  1. What titles do you have available?

“Comfortably Awkward” is my first and only novel at the moment.

  1. What made you choose the subject of this book?

It’s a very personal book because it’s based upon what I was going through in my life. It’s a serious, emotional story but at the same time it’s filled with strange, ironic occurrences. These kinds of things happen to me in real life so it would only make sense for me to write about them.

  1. Do you have any new titles coming soon? Will you be venturing into the area of fiction anytime soon?

I’m working on my next fiction novel at the moment and it’s not going to be as quirky and humorous as “Comfortably Awkward” is. It’s going to be more of a post-apocalyptic psychological thriller. I’m also working on a biography for a good friend of mine. He has been through it all between experiencing tragedies all through his life, being a firefighter, losing a best friend on September 11th 2001, and being a high-school football coach. I’m hoping to release both of them by the end of this year or beginning of next year.

  1. What is your favourite genre and why?

I think humorous fiction is my favorite genre. Often, people think that humorous fiction means the book is just a comedy but that’s not true at all. To me, humorous fiction is more about seeing the irony in serious situations. There’s still emotion and great writing involved, but there’s some things in life you just have to laugh at and I think that’s what humorous fiction is.

  1. What, to you, is the most exciting part of the writing process?

Creating a new world or a new character is my favorite part. You get to create your own rules and your own characteristics of the people and places in your story. You can write things that are true, kind of true, and not true at all at the same time. I love brainstorming and just thinking of all kinds of ideas I could use for a character or story and it isn’t until I actually begin writing the story when things actually materialize and solidify. Creation is an amazing thing and I love that I am able to create different places and people with words on a piece of paper.

  1. If you could co-author a book with anyone, who would you choose and why?

George Orwell. A lot of times I will be reading one of his books and I feel like I could have written that sentence or that paragraph. I feel really connected to many of his words and I think that my ideas are similar to his.

  1. Where can readers find you on the web?

You can check out my website: www.kennyscudero.com where I blog and there’s some stuff about me and my book on there. You can check out my book on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Comfortably-Awkward-Kenny-Scudero/dp/1467989053/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328831065&sr=8-1

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/KennyScudero

My Virtual Book Tour: http://www.pumpupyourbook.com/2012/03/11/pump-up-your-book-presents-comfortably-awkward-virtual-book-publicity-tour-april-2012/

Thanks so much for being my guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.