Monday, February 06, 2012

Special Guest: Caridad Pineiro

Today my guest is wonderful Harlequin author Caridad Pineiro. She was gracious enough to agree to appear here when I contacted her after reading her story When Herald Angels Sing in the A VAMPIRE FOR CHRISTMAS Collection. I hope you’ll enjoy getting to know this wonderful author a little better, and she’s also hosting a very nice contest that she’ll tell you about at the end of our interview. So, over to Caridad now...

  1. How long have you been writing?

I wrote my first book in the fifth grade when my teacher assigned a project: to write a book for a class lending library. I realized then that I wanted to be a writer and I kept on writing all through school. Shortly after my daughter was born, I decided I had to reach for my dream of finishing a book and getting published.

  1. How long have you been a published author?

My first novel, a contemporary romance, came out in September 1999.

  1. What titles do you have available?

I now have about 30 published novels and/or novellas. Sometimes it’s hard to believe that it’s that many!

  1. What made you choose vampires as the subject of this book?

My editor called and asked me to do another Vampire Christmas story and since I loved doing the first HOLIDAY WITH A VAMPIRE in 2007, I jumped at the chance. To make it have a Christmas feel, I made it like Dicken’s Christmas Carol and made the love story revolve around the angel who is trying to make the vampire see the error of his ways.


  1. Do you have any new titles coming soon?

This is a really busy year for me! Right now I have two erotic paranormal romance novellas available–AMAZON AWAKENING and NOCTURNAL WHISPERS. I’ll have another 3 novellas out for NOCTURNE CRAVINGS this year also. Then in May 2012, THE CLAIMED will be available. That’s the second book in the SIN HUNTER series. Finally, in November 2012 THE CALLING Vampire novels returns and continue with 4 more books in 2013.

  1. What is your favourite genre and why?

I love paranormal suspense the best. I think the mix of paranormal and romantic suspense really provides for a lot of different possibilities for the stories.

  1. What, to you, is the most exciting part of the writing process?

The most exciting process is getting to understand the characters and have them become real in your mind. It makes it that much easier to write the story when you care about them and want to see them have their happily-ever-after.

  1. If you could co-author a book with anyone, who would you choose and why?

One choice hands down: J.D. Robb. I just loved the IN DEATH series and it would be way cool to be able to write one of those stories with her.

  1. Where can readers find you on the web?

I have websites at www.caridad.com

and www.rebornvampirenovels.com

Readers can also find me at www.facebook.com/caridad.author

and on twitter at @CaridadPineiro

I’m celebrating the release of NOCTURNAL WHISPERS right now and running a giveaway on my site. Readers can come by and enter at http://www.caridad.com/blog



2 comments:

  1. Caridad, have you ever met J D Robb? I understand she's a generous, lovely lady.
    So is Nora Roberts. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very lucky to meet her at several conferences as well as at her bookstore in Maryland. In fact, I'll be signing at her bookstore on July 7th! Very excited about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.